I figured that it’s been long enough now since Frozen came out that I can post about it. I don’t know why I waited. To let the internet calm down a little maybe. But if you’ve seen Frozen, you know how amazing it is. It’s literally the best. But if you haven’t seen Frozen, here are seven reasons to go see it (some may be spoiler-y and will be appropriately marked).
1. It’s an animated Disney movie. You’re bound to end up seeing it at some point. Why not just get it over with?
2. The animation is absolutely incredible. The snow is realistic, the ice is realistic, the hair is realistic. I have crazy respect for those animators.
3. The story line is good. Unlike Brave, which got a little slow for me, but had fantastic characters. It tells the story of two sisters, Elsa and Anna. Elsa was born with powers of ice and snow, which she ends up having to hide from her sister and the world after an accident. This obviously causes some problems, but I won’t say what. WATCH THE MOVIE.
4. THE MUSIC IS FLIPPIN AMAZING NEED I SAY MORE.
5. Realistic characters, realistic characters, and more realistic characters. Finally, a Disney movie portrays a character who MESSES UP. A NON VILLAIN CHARACTER MESSES UP. A NON VILLAIN CHARACTER CAUSES THE MESS. SHE IS THE VICTIM OF HER OWN POWERS AND THOUGHTS, NOT SOME EVIL UNREALISTIC BAD GUY. FINALLY.
6. Strong female leads, whoop whoop! (SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER)
Like I mean when Anna punches Hans in the face at the end I just want to cheer (SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER)
7. This whole reason is a spoiler sorry (SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER)
The solution to the problem in the end is NOT a true loves kiss! In fact, the whole movie seems to be making fun of that tradition by throwing at us all these hints of true love fixing the problem but it ended up being love between SISTERS that brought the kingdom back together. THANK YOU FOR THAT DISNEY. (SPOILER SPOILER SPOILER)
SO, now if you haven’t seen Frozen, you should go do it. ASAP. Seriously, just go now. And if you have, good for you. I hope you loved it as much as it did. It is also worth noting that this movie features the first gay couple in a Disney movie, and they even have kids! That made me very happy. I feel like this movie is a step in a good direction for our society.